Electric Fuel Marine Lithium Batteries to be Installed Onboard Single Skipper Yachts in the Mini-Tranast La Boulangère Trans-Atlantic Race
Dusseldorf, GERMANY. 27 January, 2019 On Booth H67, Hall 11
The batteries, to be used by several skippers at the race, will be shown at the Boot Düsseldorf 2019 Show
Dusseldorf, GERMANY 8, January 2019 – Electric Fuel, a globally recognized manufacturer of professional batteries, will present its new 12V high energy density lithium-Iron-Phosphate marine battery at the Boot Düsseldorf 2019 Show, which will take place on 19-27 January, 2019 on Booth H67, Hall 11.
The new ELP-12V1450Wh battery was successfully tested onboard professional river boats and yachts. The impressive results led several skippers to equip their boats with the new battery during the world famous Mini-Transat La Boulangère. The trans-Atlantic race will take place during November 2019.
The new ELP-12V1450Wh offers the following capabilities:
- Up to 3,500 cycles, enabling usage for up to 10 years
- High energy density and power: 90Wh/kg, 6k W continuous power
- Deep discharge capability down to 0% state pf charge, supporting long continuous full discharge
- Internal BMS providing safe and protected operation, monitoring and protection from over-discharge (battery does not drain if electric equipment is not turned off)
- Internal high amperage charge control, enabling “plug & play” lead acid battery bank drop-in replacement
- LED state-of-charge indicator with sound alarm
- Remote communication enabling the battery to be monitored from boat computers through CANBus communication protocol and Bluetooth Android and IOS app
- Fast charging – approximately 2 hours to full charge with high amperage marine alternators and generators compatibility
“Our vast experience in developing military, aerospace and naval batteries enables us to offer the marine market a wide range of high-performance batteries that offer a real alternative to lead acid, gel and AGM batteries”, said Electric Fuel president, Ronen Badichi. “Electric Fuel’s new batteries offer professional and leisure marine users excellent battery performance together with best-in-class ROI, as our battery ‘cost per cycle’ is similar to classic lead-acid batteries.”
Electric Fuel’s marine batteries have undergone exhaustive laboratory tests and have already been installed onboard various vessels, including river boats, yachts and professional boats.
“These tests have proven Electric Fuel’s battery to be reliable and tough, while offering at least double energy and five times the power of equivalent advanced GEL/AGM batteries”, said Pierre Charriere, president of EUROINDUSTRY- MARINELED, Electric Fuel’s distributor in Europe.
The new batteries will be available in the European and the US markets in the second quarter of 2019.
27 January, 2019
Booth H67, Hall 11
Contact us to schedule a meeting with Electric Fuel team: