Electric Fuel to Present 24V High Energy Density Marine Lithium Ion Battery at IBEX 2018 Show
The new battery will be showcased as part of Electric Fuel’s Lithium product family which includes its advanced 12V Lithium Iron Phosphate marine battery.
Tampa, Florida, September 26, 2018 – Electric Fuel, a globally recognized manufacturer of professional batteries, will launch a new 24V high energy density lithium ion marine battery at the IBEX 2018 Show, which will take place in Tampa, Florida on October 2-4, 2018.
The new battery is designed for electric boat propulsion and for yachts and engine-propelled boat backup power. The battery can be integrated into newly designed boats or used as a drop-in replacement for traditional lead-acid in various marine and professional vehicle applications.
The new 24V marine battery will be showcased at booth #4044 as part of Electric Fuel’s lithium product family, which includes its advanced 12V lithium ion phosphate marine battery.
Electric Fuel’s 24V lithium marine battery offers high energy and power density, with three times the energy of a similar lead-acid battery. The 24V battery pack is a standard sized G49 and can serve a wide range of professional applications in tough marine environments where reliable and clean energy is needed.
The 24V rechargeable li-ion battery has the following advantages:
- High energy and power density: supports high power thrust motors
- Up to 1,000 cycles, enabling usage for ten years
- Internal BMS providing safe and protected operation, monitoring and protection from over discharge (battery does not drain if electric equipment is left on)
- LED state-of-charge indicator and remote communication enabling the battery to be monitored from boat computers through CANBus communication protocol
- Fast charging – approximately 2 hours to full charge
- High charge current management feature which facilitates charge from high power sources without disconnection
“Our vast experience in developing batteries for the military market enables us to present to the marine market robust and strong batteries that offer a real alternative to both lead acid, gel and AGM batteries,” said Electric Fuel president Ronen Badichi. “In the long run, our extremely powerful batteries offer an excellent return on investment.”
The lithium ion electrochemistry, together with its integrated battery management system, delivers high energy, powerful performance, long operational life and highly cost-effective life cycle cost at the highest safety standards.